Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Japan 2009: Preparation

Japanese Odyssey 2009: Commence!

I've finanally (at the last minute, of course) nailed down my final travel plans, found my passport (minor heart attack!), and bought a cute new bag for my laptop. I even picked up a few new books to read on vacation! Tonight I will be resynching my ipod, copying over my manga files to my mac, transferring some anime and perhaps buying season one of Battlestar Galactica to keep me entertained on the airplane. Oh, and doing my laundry, packing my bag, cleaning my apartment....sheesh! Maybe I shouldn't have stayed up all night playing WoW and talking on vent. Life fail...

I'll be on my way to SeaTac first thing Thursday morning and land shortly before 3PM local time, roughly the same time that Steve and Mary arrive. Finding each other will be our first challenge - moreso for them, really, since I'm tough to spot in a crowd - "Where's Laura" is a popular family vacation mini game. I'm more elusive than Waldo....

3 comments:

  1. Just look for Steve -- he's tall and blonde!

    Are you guys meeting up with Ryan right away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe if you had a shiny head like your dad!!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete